Please upgrade your browser.
CiderCon 2020 Registration
Oakland, CA 94607
United States of America
- CiderCon is $395 per person if purchased before January 6th, 2020. This includes welcome reception, non-ticketed seminars, Thursday and Friday lunch and trade show entrance. Tours and ticketed workshops are add-ons.
- CiderCon is only open to current USACM members.
- Are you a student or academic? We have a special rate for you - $175 per person. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Late/On-site Registration is $595 per person after January 7th or until our conference space is full - Be sure to register early!
- View a draft schedule here.
Events Included with your CiderCon Conference Registration
- Cider Share Welcome Reception - Wednesday, January 29th. There is no additional cost to attend
- Opening General Session with Jill Giacomini Basch, co-owner and CMO of Pointe Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company. There will be cider and cheese served. Thursday, January 30th
- Non-ticketed sessions on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - these sessions are filled on a first come, first serve basis
- Lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Happy hour in our newly expanded Trade Show
- Grand Tasting and Commencement Toast featuring Irish Cidermakers - Evening, Friday, January 31st
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
- Charles McGonegal's Elements of Cider: A Reductionist Approach to Taste and Flavor $60
- Cider Tours: (download descriptions)
- Parajo Valley and San Jose Cider Tour with guide Ria Windcaller $85
- Sonoma County Cidery and Orchard tour with guide Darlene Hayes $85 - SOLD OUT
- East Bay Cider and Food Pairing tour with Jennie Dorsey $125
- California Apple History & Albert Etter at Filoli Gardens, $60 featuring
- Kate Nowell, Filoli - Horticulture Manager
- Tom Hart, Co-Owner, Sales, Distribution & Orchards - Humboldt Cider Company
- Keith Park, Horticulturist & Arborist, National Park Service
- Daniel Bussey - Lost Orchard Project & Author of The Illustrated History of Apples in the United States and Canada
In-Depth Sessions - Wednesday, January 29th, 2020
- Orcharding in the Western US Workshop - free
- Pomme Boots Society Meeting - free
- Certified Pommelier™ Exam $125 for USACM members who have taken and passed the Level One exam
- Extended TTB Workshop - free
- Cider Share Opening Reception - free; there are limited spaces available to bring and share your cider
Optional Tasting Sessions - Thursday, Jaunary 30th - Space is Limited. Choose only one per time slot
Being Small - Moderated by Darlene Hayes $10
To Age or Not to Age: That is the Question - Moderated by Eleanor Leger, Eden Specialty Ciders $10
Sales Academy: Techniques for Cideries of all sizes - Moderated by Eric McCrory, Angry Orchard $5
Independent Irish Cider Makers: Their Cider and Their Stories $10
Side by Side: Beer, Wine, Spirits and Cider - Moderated by Lauren Shepard, Shelton Brothers $15
Optional Tasting Sessions - Friday, January 31st - Space is Limited. Choose only one per time slot
Principles of Primary Food and Cider: Taste Interactions - Moderated by Darlene Hayes $10
Pét-Nat Cider: Techniques & Taste - Moderated by Olivia Maki, Redfield Cider $10
Cidermaking in The Orchard: Elevating Apple Character Before Press (Beginner level session) Moderated by Valerie Scott, Duluth Cider $10
Building a Sensory Program from the Ground Up - Adam Cary, 2 Towns, Lindsay Barr, Draught Lab $10
Terroir Spotlight: Western Massachusetts - Moderated by Ria Windcaller, CiderChat $10
Sense of Place and Apples - Moderated by Dan Pucci $10
|NeonCRM by Neon One|